Terms & Shipping
All Jade Paton ceramic items are handcrafted. Each piece is made in small batches causing variations in form and finish to occur amongst each unique, handmade piece. Variations may include but are not limited to colour, texture, and size. All items are food safe and made with non-toxic materials unless stated otherwise. Items are dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended to properly care for your piece.
All purchases are final.
Stoneware is a semi-porous substance, as is the nature of clay, so some light condensation on the bottom of the piece can be normal, especially in the hotter months. Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd is not liable for marks left on surfaces that any vessels may leave due to the nature of the medium.
Stoneware, though on the durable end of clay bodies, is susceptible to breakage if mishandled. Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd is not liable for broken pieces from mishandling.
Textured pieces don’t always have a perfectly smooth base. We suggest using padded stickers to protect furniture. We are not liable for any marks left on surfaces.
To clean your piece, please use clear soap and hand wash. Magic erasers will almost always remove a mark left by floral debris, but watching a piece age with use is a process we find beautiful and unique to each owner.
- The terms and conditions set out below are to be applied to the use of this website. By using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use this website.
- In these terms and conditions, the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd.
- By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
- We will communicate acceptance of your offer after we receive confirmation of your payment being processed. We will send you an acknowledgement e-mail confirming acceptance of your order
- All prices stated on the website are in South African Rand (ZAR), conversion to US Dollars and Euros is available on the site.
- Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd does not accept returns. If there is a defect or problem with your order please contact us within 24 hours of receipt of goods, with photos and we will be happy to assist you.
- All sales are final. Exchanges and cancellations are not permitted.
- The buyer agrees that she/he/they are responsible for any duty, taxes, and expenses associated with importing products purchased from us when exporting from South Africa. All taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the purchaser, these fees are not included in the shipping costs.
- All orders shipped within South Africa are sent with The Courier Guy. All International orders are sent via DHL Express Worldwide.
- Processing time for all standard ready to ship orders is approximately 3-5 business days.
- We cannot guarantee delivery times, however, you should receive your delivery within 3-7 working days from the shipment date within South Africa.
- We ship worldwide and to all international destinations. International delivery times vary between 3 – 21 days depending on your location. Covid-19 related delays are also a possibility, and out of our control.
- Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for delays caused by customs. Shipping times may exceed the estimate due to factors outside of our control and for which we accept no culpability.
- Tracking info and liability cover will be provided with every order, though the buyer assumes all responsibility once the order has left our premises.
- If a package is lost, stolen or damaged in transit a claim needs to be filed with the shipping service provider used and not with Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd. If a package shows that it has been delivered through the tracking number and the customer is unable to locate their package, Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd is not responsible and will not issue a refund or store credit. The products covered by each contract (i.e. accepted order) are at your risk upon delivery of the order to the carrier. Jade Paton (Pty) Ltd cannot be held responsible for late or missing deliveries.
- In the unlikely event that an item is damaged during shipping, please send an email directly upon arrival to arrange a refund or replacement. All return shipping costs are at the expense of the buyer.
- Packages refused or returned will be subject to the cost of returning the shipment and our restocking fee of 10% per item. As a small business, the time, labour, and materials that contribute to fulfilling an order are significant resources. The restocking fee contributes to processing orders and providing thoughtful, timely customer service.